8.11.2015

Tuesday Tee-riffic

I just had to.

The t-shirt.  It's classic and super versatile, with endless variations and possibilities, a staple in all closets.  Yesterday Jenn and I styled some of our favorite t-shirts 4 different ways.

Today we are compiling our hot list of favorites tees.

 J.Crew Factory Layering Tee:  The basic classic
This one is a great price.  It wears well, and has a great slim fit that is perfect for maxi skirts, flare leg jeans, tailored skirts.  I also own it in white, and I love that the white is not see-through but still soft and wearable like your "favorite old t-shirt" should be.

J. crew classic gray t-shirt



Bobi Light Weight Jersey V Neck Tee:  A.k.a - Own multiples.
This was in the post yesterday but it's my favorite so I had to share it again.  I have this one in multiple colors and sizes, depending on my mood, more fitted or flowy.  This is the softest tee, is universally flattering, I love the slight flutter of the sleeves and the slouchy pocket, and stands the test of time.  sidenote:  I pretty much always choose a v-neck, second choice would be a u-neck and then boatneck.  I think the longer more open neckline is so much more flattering and comfortable, just a personal preference.

as seen here...here...slouchier size here...
and fitted.
bobi white v-neck tee

...and flowy again, sometimes I roll the sleeves to change it up, I know crazy.
white v-neck tee


And in no particular order, here are a few more of-the-moment tees that Jenn and I love...

Aritzia:  Best Long Length
For those taller gals, or long-torso'ed goddesses, this is my ultimate favorite t-shirt. I love the scoop neck, mirrored in the shirt-tail hemline, and with just the right amount of drape. Also, the perfect thickness - not too bulky yet not totally sheer, and it washes well. An all-around fantastic tee (I have several colors). And...did I mention it comes in sizes ranging from xxs to xl (it runs true to size)?!

f15_01_a01_50394_1274_on_d
 

Rag & Bone The Classic V:  Splurge-Worthy
This classic t-shirt is definitely worth its price tag. A great all-around fit with awesome slub-texture that adds interest while keeping it from being too sheer. It also holds its shape and washes well...everything you would expect from Rag & Bone.
_8457584(1)


Anthropologie Parisian Tee:  Clever Message
This tee says it all - Audrey had it right, Paris is always is a good idea. This tee is chic regardless of how you style it. Classicly simple when paired with dark denim and a pump, or whimsical tucked into a pleated skirt and worn with ballet flats. Either way, channel your inner French girl.  This tee is our runner-up. 
286d470ebd7d7824dc2c954bb89bffb9_xlarge


Madewell:  Best under $20:
Great fit, 100% cotton, and a fun selection of colors; it's hard to beat Madewell's tee (especially for the price). I have several of these tees, wash and run them through the dryer - so easy!
_10858942(1)


Stateside Stripe Knot T:  Best Stripe
While the blue and white stripe is classic, I'm loving the side knot design, which creates a great, shape effortlessly. A stripe tee is a wardrobe staple, easy worn alone yet so fashionable when paired under a blazer or worn with a patterned or colorful pant.

_10758951(2)

That's our T-shirt roundup.  Which one is your fave?  what's your favorite way to wear a classic Tee?

Happy Shopping.

xo,
kirsty and jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment