8.10.2015

Styled to a "Tee"

If you follow our blogs, you may have noticed that both Jenn and I have a casual style.  Most notably, we share a love for a great t-shirt (ok...maybe an awesome pair of shoes, and a great lip color too!).We usually trade texts with our finds and styling tips, but today we're sharing our favorite t-shirt outfit ideas with you!  And, don't be fooled by the t-shirt's casual nature.  As you will find below, this weekend warrior should not be overlooked when dressing for a classy event or a night-out.  Here are four of our favorite wears...



When in Doubt
The beauty of a great white tee is it can take on any personality you give it.  Whenever I am stuck and "have nothing to wear", as long as the event doesn't call for more than cocktail, I will grab jeans and a t-shirt.  Add a great pair of shoes and red lips.  Done.  If you wanted to be even fancier than this outfit,  you could switch out these jeans for darker skinnies or flares, this will get you from brunch {I seem to be hung up on brunch lately} to cocktails.


t-shirt - Bobi, Queen Anne Dispatch. {also find here.}
jeans - 7 for all Mankind, old
shoes - Sam Edelman {similar}
sunglasses - Marc by Marc Jacobs, c/o {different color}
clutch - Finn Attire
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry {available upon request rectangle tags}


White Lightning {name courtesy of the husband}
I really wanted to wear heels with my mini, this can be a slippery slope if not headed to a Beyonce concert.  Insert oversized tee, this keeps the outfit appropriate.  Keeping the front of the t-shirt slightly tucked is key to not looking like you've been swallowed up.  I also think the white on white adds polish and interest.  Go monochrome!  The best part is this is a totally easy look, anyone can incorporate this with their own twist.


 T-shirt - Mango, old {similar}
mini - J. Crew {hand-me-down from Jenn, yay!}
shoes - DV by Dolce Vita, Amazon
necklace - Lucia K. Jewelry {available upon request}
bag - FinnAttire
sunglasses - Bobbi Brown, Nordstrom 

Parisian Style
Your favorite graphic tee becomes trés chic when paired with a demure, pleated midi-skirt and peep-toe booties. Just be sure to either tuck the tee into the full skirt or tie it, as I have done here, to ensure that you define your waist. A note on tying, I sized up one full size because I wanted to tie or wear this tee oversized. I also love cuffing the sleeve - what can I say? I'm a child of the '80's!
P1120182

P1120266
skirt: Aritzia 
booties: Jeffrey Campbell 
bracelets: vintage turquoise & Guitar String {also available at Queen Anne Dispatch}


Casual Cool
Jeans and a great fitting tee are my jam. When wearing skinny jeans, I like the contrast of a looser, longer-length shirt. A great drape keeps this particular tee from looking too sloppy yet balances the slim silhouette of the jeans. I generally tuck just the front (the "mullet tuck"), for a polished yet not-trying-too-hard look. Adding extra accessories like a jacket or vest also elevates an otherwise simple outfit.

P1120399

P1120292
tee: Aritzia 
jeans: Madewell 
vest: Current Elliott (similar
clogs: No. 6 
bag: Auxiliary 
sunglasses: Le Specs 
body chain: Gorjana 

How are you wearing your t-shirts? What are your favorite tees? Please share!

 As always, thanks for reading.

 Happy Monday! ~Jenn & Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment