6.23.2015

stripes, flares, a few well placed accessories, and my summer list.








So summer has begun in our household, and since I now have elementary school kids, this takes on quite a bit of meaning.  We are thinking through what our themes are for the summer, part of my problem is that by the time I think through, it is half over, so I'm trying hard.  Here's what I've got so far...

Eat the rainbow.
Start Family Service Charts {aka chores but I learned a much nicer name}
Be Present.
Snuggle More, and read more books.
Take Piano Lessons.
Beach Camp.
Beach in the morning and at sunset.
Drink a glass of lemon water every morning.
July - Cold brew whole milk mochas.  It's just right in my world.
Hospitality.  
Host more friends.
Write at least a letter a week, each of us.
Make Journals and document our summer.
Take the Trolley.
Read the Gospels.
More Dance Parties.
Serve.
Outdoor Movies.

So this is on my mind currently.  As always in life, its a work in progress.  I'm thinking I need to write this somewhere and hang it on the wall.  I really want to treasure these fleeting months.  

Thanks for hearing me out.

On my Outfit - Yay Flares!  My favorite white tank on repeat.  And a blazer that I scored at a Dolce Vita sample sale but have never worn, I so want to be a blazer person.  

and loads of accessories, my new earrings and necklace for Lucia K. Jewelry, coming soon.  Which pair perfectly with Gorjana.  Since the outfit was simple, lots of delicate gold jewelry seemed right.  

If ever in doubt you can't go wrong with a great pair of jeans and a simple white top.  Appropriately add a pair of amazing shoes, and then sprinkle away with chic accessories.  Even better, garnish with bright lips.

Now I'm hungry!

jacket - Dolce Vita
tank - Top Shop, Nordstrom {runs small, I sized up}
jeans - Hudson, Nordstrom Rack {such a great place for designer denim, similar styles}
shoes - Frye, old but totally resurrected and I'm proud!
hanbag - Duex Lux, Saks Off 5th. {similar}
watch - Kate Spade, Nordstrom
bracelet - Gorjana, c/o {find here}
rings - Gorjana, c/o {find here, other one here.}
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry
necklace - Lucia K. Jewelry

I'd love to hear your plans for summer, what I'm I forgetting??

linking up with pleated poppy for what i wore weds.  photos by Angie.

xo,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment