6.26.2015

Mom style 101





Well this outfit seems appropriate as I am in full-fledged mommy mode with the onset of summer.  And since it is still June, don't rush the days folks, there is still that dramatic sun behind the clouds temperature shift.  

and one day till my oldest turns 7.  ahhhhhhh.

This outfit meets all these needs {well except the being 7 part, that's gonna take some really great ice cream and chocolate chip cookies and watching baby videos} in a fresh but not trying too hard kind of way.  

This Free People tunic is so fabulous that I do indeed own two, which isn't that big of a deal because it comes in like 25 colors and patterns, and each one makes it look totally different, really.  You definitely want to wear a slip underneath, learned that one AFTER seeing photographs, that are not seen on this blog, oops.  bonus - rockin swimsuit coverup.

My new denim vest seems to be going almost everywhere with me.  I have this thing with collars, I am super particular with the way coats and vest and aprons, and necklaces, sheesh, rub on my neck.  I think my neck is quite sensitive and maybe a bit weak.  The point is that this vest is crazy comfortable.  And I just love the wash, it is reminiscent of this distressed from real wear Levi's, I swear sherpa lined, jacket my dad used to always wear.  He was so ahead of his time.  and handsome.  Comfort and nostalgia in summers best item.

In this case I layered my vest over a perfectly broken in hoodie that I borrowed from my photog Angie, I mean really she's amazing on so many levels. 

Apparently I have a lot to say tonight. 

Oh, and I don't want to forget the shoes.  These slip-on sneaks are ultra chic mommy gear.  The pearly oyster color with the woven mesh detail.  So good.  And the perfect amount of white sole, not too chunky but not I'm so delicate I can't keep up with the boys.

Hmmm, maybe I'm getting a bit too loopy.
  


watch - Kate Spade, Nordstrom on sale! | rings - c/o Gorjana, available here and here | midi rings - c/o Gorjana, available here | bracelet - c/o Gorjana, available here | nails - Butter London "come to bed red." here.

vest - Treasure and Bond, Nordstrom
jacket - borrowed
tunic - Free People {here, here, now in ombre!, few older colors on sale, and here.} 
shoes - Vince, Saks off 5th, also here.
sunglasses - Michael Kors, similar
Lips - Nars "Poplife," Nordstrom

Happy Friday.  Photos by Angie.

xo,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment