6.04.2015

A Cinderella Friday Night





 Living in California, you get invited to events where the dress code is "California Black Tie."

Does this exist outside of California?

I don't know.

But it gave Nick and I the chance to get a little fancy, without the pressure right?  That's what I think this dress code means.  So my neighbor {yes this one} lent me her Manolo Blahniks.  EEEEEEEEEk.  They were my glass slippers.  I was going to try and be all cool fashion blogger type and just roll with this, but let's be honest, having these beauties on my feet needs a moment.  and a shout. out.

And then our other neighbor lent my husband a purple corduroy Valentino blazer he just happened to have in his closet.  Killer.

And so we rolled.  Until the clock struck midnight.  Well not really, we were actually home well before then.  But we still rolled.

This dress:  It is part of the ASOS collection, and I'm in love.  This is a great place to find that statement dress for a great price.  {The selection can be overwhelming so the search filter is a great way to narrow it down, price, style, color, specifics such as lace....}  The style of this dress feels very classic and sophisticated, like a 1950's barbie doll, in the best possible way people, not in the 7inch neck, stay with me... but still youthful with the slight cut out in the back.  And the stripes had me smitten.  This piece will be worn many times throughout the years.  I ordered the tall size because I wanted the hem longer, and UK sizing runs small, so order up on your regular size.  It's free shipping and free returns too, so if you are unsure order more than one size.

The ASOS Collection carries specialty sizing in Tall, PetiteCurve, Maternity, and also Wedding.




dress - ASOS Tall, and Regular
shoes - Manolo Blahnik, borrowed
sunglasses - Marc by Marc Jacobs, c/o {on sale here}
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry Tags {new!}
nails - Butter London in "Come To Bed Red.", Nordstrom
bracelets - Guitar Strings, Queen Anne Dispatch {call them, they ship!}
gold - Gorjana, c/o {available here}
watch - Kate Spade, Nordstrom.

a few of my favorite ASOS dresses, and if my budget were endless, I'd own all of them.




photos by Angie.

xo,
kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment