3.22.2015

Pink in Palms




full midi skirt

The first time I went to the desert I was not expecting it to be so cool {NOT in temperature, but style}.  I fell for the retro ubercoolness of it all.  Even the palm trees sway to a hipster beat at the foot of the San Bernadino-or is it San Jacinto-or Santa Rosa mountains.  Well, I guess that is fitting for the Coachella valley.  

Chic grandma style seemed fitting for the hipster desert, without trying too hard, and maybe a little unexpected?

I fell for the grandma vibe of this skirt.  Does anyone else get that?  The lush coral color is fabulous and has made me want all things that color.

A word on "Midi" length skirts - This length is quite conservative for me,  I admit I prefer a bit shorter, or maxi length, but with the volume and grandma vibe it felt right.  It is flattering, because it sits at my natural waist {aka the smallest part} and it hits ever-so-slightly below the knee, where the leg is narrow, before the meat of the calf begins.  Don't be afraid to hem if you fall for a skirt that doesn't fall at the right spot, it can make all the difference.   

The lace top keeps this outfit cool - in temperature - and modern in feel.  The grandma skirt keeps the top from feeling too young.  The bralette underneath keeps the party G-rated.  And the shoes, oh if only you could see them better,  keeps me on my best behavior.  Soooooo lady-like!   And the oversized cat-eye sunglasses with perfectly placed studs seals the deal.

My wristband lets me get to the VIP section.

I think this outfit would work for a bridal shower, a cocktail party, a formal dinner, date night....

black lace top

curly hair





On a recent girls weekend to AZ, I discovered Saks off 5th, and oh my goodness!  This top and shoes are both from there, along with my new favorite slip-on sneaks and a few other items, the sales were drool worthy incredible.

top - Wells Grace, Saks Off 5th. {69% off!}
bralette - Free People, Nordstrom
skirt - Chelsea28, Nordstrom
pumps - DV by Dolce Vita, Saks off 5th {44% off!}
sunglasses - Marc by Marc Jacobs, c/o {Nordstroms}
watch - Kate Spade, Nordstrom
lips - Nars in Poplife, Nordstrom
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry

Photos by Angie.

xo,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment