3.24.2015

Bells in the Streets, an ode to Kells.




Or perhaps better titled "legs for miles" because lets be honest high-waisted flare jeans are a momma's best friend.  And clearly add at least 6 inches to that leg line.  We heart optical illusions.

This one is for my best friend Kells, her and I make up two thirds of our college trio. Warning: memory lane flashback...she and I go allllll the way back to dorm room nachos when she would place a piece of sliced cheese on every chip, shoe box deliveries full of special K bars that we would finish in one setting, and treetop apple juice boxes...someone say freshman 15.  Halloween bus-trips to "the city" dressed as Raggedy Ann and Andy, what {insert explicative} were we thinking?!  All night cram sessions that would start with a 12 pack of Mountain Dew and end with delirium and tears.  She kept me fed regularly, passing many of my classes, scraped me off the ground when I lost my mom, kept me together as a bride and saved my sanity as a new mom.  What could I have to offer her?  Just my opinion...

Well fast forward many life events, joys and sorrows, and there is my quest to put her in skinny jeans.  I have bribed her with hand-me-down wedge boots, way too much unsolicited fashion advice and perhaps a threat or two regarding how our children would perceive us stuck in our favorite fashion trends decades later.  But she is a girl who knows what she likes, and she's smart - you can't argue with the flattering effect of a flare.  She who recently texted me to let me know flare legs were indeed still in style, and in fact, in her mind, had never left.  So there you go Kells.  You {sorta} win.   For now.  Especially since turtle necks are back too.  

I'd say if you're going to go wide, pair them with a pair of heels or they will tend to swallow you right up...wedges are perfection with flares, also platforms, walking will be a lot easier, and a thin heel will just get lost in the volume.  





tank - Old
cardigan - Tildon, Nordstrom {similar}
jeans - 7 for all Mankind {oldies}
belt - Target {10$ clearance! similar}
shoes - Cole Haan {old, similar}
sunglasses - Warby Parker
lips - MAC in MAC Red, Nordstrom
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry 
ring - Vintage.

I love the cut of these long line jeans over 100$...


and some great choices for under 100$...



Stay tuned tomorrow for my favorite wedges of the season, perfect pairing for flare.
linking up with pleated poppy for what i wore weds.  photos by Angie.

xo,
kirsty

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous top! I also love your flared pants :)

    Found you via the WIWW linkup and was curious if you wanted to connect on GFC or social media ;)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete