7.12.2014

a few of my favorite things

Well I love a good sale.  These are some of the pieces that I have my eye on at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.  If you don't know this sale (honestly I only started shopping it a few years ago.)  Nordstrom puts its fall merchandise on sale for a few weeks.  Its a great time to get a hold of those pieces that makes your wardrobe pop, items you have been waiting to splurge on, or quality staples and classic pieces.

Here are some of my favorites

Popping Piece...
Joes' Ankle Strap Pump in taupe suede - my favorite combo.  I love the cut of the toe, the daigonal strap and high ankle strap super flattering, and the zipper for convenience.  These would make a basic jeans and t-shirt unbelievably chic.  But I am also loving these, which to choose?!


Splurge-worthy Classic...
Patty Leather Frye boots.  boots are a total classic in my book and Frye's craftmanship and quality is tops.  I am leaning toward this black pair over the brown because I already have brown Fryes that I have been wearing for year.  I love the slim tight ankle on this lower cut boot, much more flattering design. 


Classic in Leopard...
Halogen Marlie Pointed Toe Pump.  I have had leopard shoes on my mind lately, but I find that they are tough, often times I don't like print.  These are fabulous.  The print is just right to me, and the d'orsary styling of this pump is very sophisticated.  I love the price too!  These are also fabulous, but gotta budget somewhere.


Handbags to carry it all.


Vince Camuto


My plan is not to but any handbags during this sale, but these three are my favorite, and even as I type this I find myself weakening.  Crossbody clutch is so functional but stylish - hi hip disneyland mom.  One classic and beyond grown-up in black, love the shape and I actually don't own a black bag, or a leopard clutch for that matter.  But I will say if I didn't have this wallet, I'd be buying it.  Its the only style for me.  


Jeans with multiple zippers are always better...
Rag and Bone Kensington.  So I am picturing these awesome jeans with any of the three shoes above and loving.  I want them, it might be the 80's child in me, but the more zippers the better right?  Just the right amount of detail.  Definitely a splurge, but when it comes to denim that you will wear over and over, its a place I like to put my money.


Moto in black...
Treasure&Bond Moto Jeans.  I love the detail stitching on these jeans, and the price.  Moto has stuck around, but when going trendy, its nice to keep the price tag lower.  The color is also what draws me to these jeans, the faded black almost gray is so easy to wear.  This brand is a favorite of mine for less expensive denim, love the burgundy wax finish for fall.


Lumber Jack Chic...
I reeeeeaaally want this sweater to be amazing.  I've been hunting for a red sweater but this is even better.  It is my childhood wrapped in a blanket sitting by the fire sipping hot cocoa turned cool and sophisticated.  I want it to happen with my tulle skirt.  fingers-crossed.


Perfect Fall Layers...
BP. Extra Long Cardigan - I adore this color, the collar, the cuffs.  It looks cozy but not frumpy, and I love how they paired it over this floral tank to carry it from summer to fall.


and sunnies...
Michael Kors - Vintage Tortoise with gold sides and oversized frames.  I think I wear sunglasses every day!  These would be lovely for the fall sun wouldn't they?



Early access started friday, meaning if you have a Nordstrom card or apply for one you can shop early, otherwise everyone can shop July 18th.  

My order has been placed, I was in Montana, thank goodness for online access.  Stay tuned this next week and the weeks to follow to see how I style my new pieces.

Happy Shopping!
Kirsty 

1 comment: